Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Building Chronicle: A Critical Consideration of LEGO's "Bionicle" Series - Picture #1: Ultimate Dume

I tend to go through and build my Bionicles when I am stressed and need a way of relaxing.  Reliving the story and following the instructions of the sets provides this kind of relaxation.  As I finish a year's worth of the series, I display them for a while, then dismantle them and move on to the next year.  Unfortunately, when I decided to start writing this series of articles, I had already dismantled the 2001 - 2004 series.  The following is the last of the 2004 models I dismantled.  From Brickipedia:

"10202 Ultimate Dume is a BIONICLE combiner model that was released in 2004. The set includes 555 pieces, 8621 Turaga Dume and Nivawk, 8622 Nidhiki and 8623 Krekka, which can be combined to create "Ultimate Dume"." ("Ultimate Dume")


Picture courtesy of author.

The Ultimate Dume model is based on the final villain of the second major Bionicle storyline, set in the city of Metru Nui.  As a combiner model, he incorporates elements of three previously-released sets, and this combination is based on the climax of the second Bionicle film, in which the Makuta absorbs the main antagonists of the story into his own body and creates a new one to battle the Toa Metru.

(All of this will be far more clear as the articles progress and I elucidate the story!)

 Works Cited

"10202 Ultimate Dume." Brickipedia. Wikia. n.d. Web. 20 Feb. 2014.


No comments:

Post a Comment